Our story began in a little osteria in Mirabella, a hamlet of Breganze. Here, from the 1920s to the ‘40s, great-grandfather Gaetano produced some of the wine that served to quench the thirst of passing cart drivers.
It was grandfather Giovanni who founded the actual winery, in 1947. Between the ‘50s and ‘60s he specialized in producing substantial quantities of white and red wines, which he distributed in large-sized bottles to osterie, trattorias and grocers’ shops, the so-called “casoini”.
The revolution – from a quality point of view – was the work of Fausto. In 1973, after finishing his studies in Conegliano, he returned to the company and took over the reins of the business. In spite of some initial difficulties, his tenaciousness, thirst for knowledge and desire to experiment in both the vineyards and winery led the young oenologist to become one of the major innovators in Italian wine.